Saturday, January 29, 2011

Read This: 'I Was Teenage Hockey Message Board Jailbait'

I'm not sure when I started to lie, but it seemed like no big deal. Upholding a cherished tradition among so many high-school-aged girls throughout history, I shrugged and added two years to my age. Fifteen became seventeen. The truth just sounds different.

But the more I lied, the more I lied more, creating extraneous backstories to flesh out the details of my fictional life. I was about to graduate, I blithely allowed, scattering fibs around various posts like so much confetti.
Katie Baker writes of living an online lie in 'The Confessions of a Former Adolescent Puck Tease.'

Read This: 'I Was Teenage Hockey Message Board Jailbait' originally appeared on Switched on Thu, 27 Jan 2011 16:40:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

eiffel tower hearst castle einstein bros bagels apartments for rent things to do

No comments:

Post a Comment